Enterprise users can create multiple offices within a company, and customize a variety of options for each.
Although it is not possible to directly re-assign a project to a new Office Location once it has been created, you are able to create a new Project in the correct Office Location and copy the content of the original Project into the new one. In this way, you can migrate your Project to a new Office Location.
Keep in mind that there is some information that will not be transferred -- details discussed below.
Creating a New Project
If you have an existing project that you want to move to a new Office Location, you will first need to create a new project. To do this:
1. Go to the Projects page, and click "+Add New Project"
2. Select the new Office Location, and add other project information as required.
3. Be sure to select the correct Currency, as Office Locations may have different default currencies.
4. In the Add Room modal that follows, you may click “Add Later." Rooms and Systems will be copied from the original project later.
Copying Items from the Old Project
Now that you have set up your new project in the correct location, you will need to go back to the original project to copy the items over. To do this:
1. Return to the original project and select "All Rooms" and "All Systems"
2. Click “Edit Items” when all Rooms and Systems are visible.
3. Select the checkbox in the header row to Select All line items
4. Click "Copy to Project". This will open a modal where you can select the new project that you just created in the correct Office Location.
5. Once you have selected the correct project, click "Next".
6. Click the checkbox next to "Create New Room", then click “Copy Items”.
Setting Up the New Project
Now that you have copied your line items over, there are a few other project components to add:
1. Head back to the new project, and add any Factors that were attached to the original Project. Note that some Factors may be office-specific. Go to Settings > Company > Factors if you need to create new factors for this project.
4. If you had any items in the Additional Tools area of the Builder, like Dynamic Text (Discussion, Text 1, and Text 2) and Dynamic Images, you will need to manually copy those over.
What Will Not Be Transferred
Certain information will not be copied over from the original Project to the new one, such as:
1. Reports/Proposals that have been rendered in the original Project. If you would like to keep a record of the original project's proposals, you can download them as PDF, then upload them to the Files section of the new project.
2. Any information from Install
3. Any information from Purchasing
We hope this helps! Please reach out to us in support chat if you have any questions 🙂