Change Orders allow you to sell new equipment after a contract has already been finalized. You can use Change Orders to swap out equipment (upgrades and downgrades) or simply add new equipment and/or labor.
To create a Change Order in the builder:
- Open your project and make sure it's in the Contract or Construction stage.
Note: Moving a project to Contract automatically changes any unsold Options to potential Change Orders as a convenience.
- Go to the Builder and click +Add Change Order
- Give it a name, payment schedule (if different from your default schedule) and scope.
Now let's add some equipment.
- Select your Change Order from the Rooms/Systems list. (If you don't see your Change Order in the list, be sure to select "All Rooms" first.)
- Click +Add Items and enter equipment as you normally would.
If you would like to replace any of the items in your project with new items:
1. On the Add/Edit Item modal, select "Replaces Existing Items That Are Already In This Project"
2. Select the item(s) that this item is replacing
This will add a "Credits for Replaced Items" line on your Change Order Report.
Once you have finished building your Change Order, you can present it to your client with a Change Order Report.
To do this, you will need to create a Change Order Report Group within the Designer.
If you already have a Change Order Report Group, you can head over to the Reports section within your project to render a CO Report.
After the Change Order is sold, you can mark it as 'sold' by merging it with your project.
Hope this helps - let us know if you have any questions!