If you are looking for a way to receive items and track assets in Stock without generating Purchase Orders, this article will lay out one simple approach to doing so.
Selecting Your Workflow Option in Company Settings:
In Jetbuilt, go to Settings > Company > Stock.
Here you can choose, "Company Does Not Use Jetbuilt Purchase Orders"
Scroll down, and Select "Update Stock Settings"
Once you have selected this option, you have enabled the Alternate Workflow. The next step is to make sure the items you want to receive into Stock are marked as Assets.
Marking Items as Assets in the Builder:
When creating your Project in the Builder, be sure to mark as "Assets" the Items that you will want to receive into Stock.
Moving Your Project to Install Stage:
Your Project must be moved into the Install Stage to Receive Items into Stock using the Alternate Stock Workflow. Moving Item Stages.
After your items have been marked as Assets, and your Project is in Install Stage, you will be able to receive those items into Stock.
Receiving Items Into Stock using "Receive Items":
1. Go to Stock, or Select Stock > Items
2. Then Select "Receive Items"
3. A search Modal will open where you can search for the Items you want to receive.
4. When you type in the search, a dropdown of options will appear for projects that are using this Asset. You can search by Manufacturer or Model Number:
NOTE: When you are receiving an item, you can see the quantity of that Asset in the Project listed at the end of the manufacturer/model name in parentheses.
5. Select the item that you want to receive.
6. When you click on the item, a modal opens that allows you to choose Location, Quantity, Serial Numbers and QR Labels
In this modal:
You can search and select the Location for the items from a dropdown, OR scan the QR code for the Location where the Item will be received.
If you need to create Company and Project Locations, see Stock Locations
You must select the quantity of the item(s) that you want to receive.
We recommend receiving the quantity of the Asset used on the the Project.
You can choose whether to enter a serial number to track the item(s).
NOTE: You MUST enter the serial numbers when the item(s) are received. You will not be able to go back and enter them later.
You can also choose whether to Print or Download QR labels for the Assets
Tip: If you are receiving a Quantity greater than that used in a single project, then we recommend receiving them in two steps.
For example, if you are receiving 12 Items, and the Project Quantity for that Item is 8, you should first receive 8 to that Project. Then you can either:
"Receive" the remaining 4 items to another Project, OR
If you would like the remaining 4 items to be Available Inventory, use the "Add Items" button, from the Stock > Items page. Add 4 of that item into Stock. Those 4 Items will then be listed as available.
Adding Items into Stock using "Add Items"
"Add Items" allows you to Search for Items that have been used on a Project.
After Selecting the Item, it will open the Modal that allows you to chose Location, Quantity, Serial Numbers and QR Labels.
1. Follow the Steps Above to Select Location, Enter Quantity and Option Serial Numbers and QR labels.
2. On the Stock > Items Page, you can view the Item Availability and Location.
NOTE: The Available quantity is the quantity that exceeds the amount of items received to a Project. When the quantity received is equal to the number of Assets on the Project, the Available Quantity is 0 because those items are allocated to a Project.
In the example below, 8 are received to a Project, P-705. 4 were added via "Add Items". Therefore, 4 are Available because 4 are not allocated to a Project.
The 8 received to P-705 are allocated to Project P-705, so they are visible in Stock, but not included in the "Available" number.
After Receiving Items Into Stock:
1. The Item Status will then update for that Project in the Projects Area > Stock Page.
2. Status will update from 'Not Ordered' to the Location into which the Item was Received.
3. Each item will appear with a Serial Number, if that was used when the Item was Received.
Let us know if you have any questions! You can always feel free to reach out to us in Support Chat!
Stock, receiving Items on a PO