If you are looking for a way to receive items and track assets in Stock without generating Purchase Orders, this article will lay out an approach for doing so.
Selecting Your Workflow Option in Company Settings:
In Jetbuilt, go to Settings > Company > Stock
Here, click "Company Does Not Use Jetbuilt Purchase Orders"
Scroll down, and click "Update Stock Settings"
Once you have selected this option, you have enabled the Stock Alternate Workflow. The next step is to make sure the items you want to receive into Stock are marked as Assets.
Marking Items as Assets in the Builder:
When creating your Project in the Builder, be sure to mark as "Assets" the items that you will want to receive into Stock.
Moving Your Project to Install Stage:
Your Project must be moved into (at least) the Install stage to receive items into Stock using the Alternate Stock Workflow. (Moving Item Stages.)
After your items have been marked as Assets, and your Project is in Install stage, you will be able to receive those items into Stock.
Receiving Items Into Stock using "Receive Items":
1. Go to Stock, or select Stock > Items.
2. Click "Receive Items".
3. A search window will open where you can search for the items you want to receive.
4. When you type in the search, a dropdown of options will appear for projects that are using this asset. You can search by manufacturer or model.
NOTE: When you are receiving an item, you can see the quantity of that asset in the Project listed at the end of the manufacturer/model in parentheses.
5. Select the item that you want to receive.
6. When you click on the item, a window opens that allows you to choose Location, Quantity, Serial Numbers and QR Labels.
In this window:
You can search and select the Location for the items from a dropdown, or scan the QR code for the Location where the Item will be received.
If didn't yet create Company or Project Locations, read Stock Locations.
You must select the quantity of the item(s) that you want to receive.
We recommend receiving the quantity of the asset used on the Project.
You can choose whether to enter a serial number to track the item(s).
NOTE: You MUST enter the serial numbers when the item(s) are received. You will not be able to go back and enter them later.
You can also choose whether to Print or Download QR labels for the Assets
If you are receiving a quantity greater than that used in a single project, then we recommend receiving the item in two steps - receive once for the project qty and receive a second time for the remaining amount. For example, if you are receiving 12 items, and the Project quantity for that item is 8, you should first receive 8 to that Project. Then you can either:
"Receive" the remaining 4 items to another Project, or
If you would like the remaining 4 items to be Available Inventory, use the "Add Items" button, from the Stock > Items page. Add 4 of that item into Stock. Those 4 Items will then be listed as available.
Adding Items into Stock using "Add Items"
"Add Items" allows you to search for items that have been used on a Project.
After selecting the item, a window will open that allows you to choose the Location, Quantity, Serial Numbers, and QR Labels.
1. Follow the steps above to select location, enter quantity and option serial numbers and QR labels.
2. On the Stock > Items page, you can view the item's information.
After Receiving Items Into Stock:
1. The item status will then update for that Project in the Projects Area > Stock Page.
2. Status will update from 'Not Ordered' to the Location into which the item was received.
3. Each item will appear with a Serial Number, if that was used when the item was received.
Let us know if you have any questions! You can always feel free to reach out to us in Support Chat!
Stock, receiving Items on a PO