If you'd like to use the Engineering/Scrub workflow, here's how to set it up in your Company Settings.
1. In Settings > Company > Defaults, you can turn Engineering Workflow on by selecting one of these options:
This setting determines when/if the project passes through the Engineering stage.
2. You will also need to designate which Project Types need to pass through Engineering. Scroll down to the Project Types section, and select which project types your company uses, then use the "Requires Engineering" checkboxes to designate whether that project type should pass through Engineering or not.
3. Next, go to Settings > Team and assign the Engineering permission to anyone who should be allowed to scrub projects.
4. When you create a new project, you will now see a dropdown at the bottom of the modal where you can select the Project Type, Project Manager, and Engineer. You will need to have a PM and Engineer assigned before the project can move into the Engineering Stage. (You can always add/edit this information within Project Details).
5. Advance the project through the stages until it hits the Engineering stage.
Note that when you move the project into Engineering, it will create a new version of the project.
Now your project is in Engineering and you're ready to begin scrubbing items! Here's how to scrub, swap, and release items in the Engineering Scrub stage.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out in the support chat!