Tax Discounts allow you to easily account for clients with different tax liabilities, like churches, schools, or government buildings.
To Set Up a Tax Discount:
1. Go to Settings > Company > Currency/Tax
2. Click +Add Tax Discount.
3. Give the discount an internal name (for your reference), and a name as you would like it to appear to the client.
4. Select whether you'd like to reduce the tax rate directly or provide a discount percentage off the total tax amount. You can also make this default if you'd like it to apply to all projects.
Reduce total tax amount by 10%
$100 tax total on the project would be reduced to $90.
Reduce tax rate by 5%
8.5% tax rate would be reduced to a 3.5% tax rate on the project.
5. Click Add.
Once your tax discount is set up, you can apply it to your projects.
To Apply a Tax Discount to Your Project:
1. Open the project, and go to the Project Details menu.
2. Select the tax discount from the dropdown menu.
3. Scroll down and click Update Project to save the changes.
We hope this helps! Please reach out to us in support chat if you have any questions 🙂