We now have a true Bill of Materials page template available. You can edit this template within the Designer, and render BOM reports within the Purchasing area of a project.
To create a BOM for a project:
- Open your project to the Purchasing tab
- Select all of the line items you'd like to include (or select the checkbox at the top to 'Select All')
- Click "Create Report"
This will open a modal where you can name your BOM report page, and select which template you'd like to render the report from.
Then just click 'Create' and your BOM report will populate in the list of Purchasing Reports on the left:
You can also edit the design of your BOM page within the Designer.
To do this, just head over to Designer > Company Pages and find your Bill of Materials page in the page list:
- You can add your company logo to the header (first select the header section, then click 'Add Element' and select your logo image)
- You can add, remove, edit, or rearrange the fields in the top section - we have added more dynamic text field options to choose from, so you can customize this as much as you'd like.
- You can select which columns appear in your Line Item table (first select the line item table, then click 'Edit Options' to show/hide different columns)
You can also create multiple BOM page templates with different styling on each of them if you'd like.
To do this, just click "Add Page" and select the Purchasing page type:
Then use the right/left arrows to click through the different purchasing page templates until you land on the Bill of Materials page:
Give the page a unique name, then click 'Create' and customize it as much as you'd like!
Feel free to ping us on the chat if you have any questions!