Jetbuilt projects use a list of stages that help you keep track of progress. It is also required that you change the stage of your project to access stage-specific features. You will always be notified when you need to change the stage of your project.
Here is the list of stages in order:
- Opportunity - in this stage, your Opening Budget will be used in your company pipeline and project totals until the project is moved into Estimate stage.
- Estimate - switches from Opening Budget total to the actual total of items in your project.
- Proposal - This is when you have delivered a proposal and the project is being considered by the client.
- Contract - The client has agreed to purchase the project, but it has not yet moved into Construction.
- Construction - switching to this stage changes any unsold Options to potential Change Orders as a convenience. This phase also must be selected to open the Management section to create Purchase Orders and Work Orders.
- Completed - Once a project has been completed, it can be moved to this stage where it is archived. Projects can still access this project at any point in the future.
- Icebox - Projects can be moved to the Icebox stage when the project is not lost or completed, but on hold.
To change the stage of your project:
- Click on Projects, and select the project that you wish to edit
- Go to Overview
- In the top right corner, you will see a timeline with the current stage, along with a MOVE button. Click the MOVE button to select the stage
Click Yes to move to the next stage, or click Select Stage to jump to a different stage.